The year-round program
The Baylor Swim Club offers the
USA Swimming age group and senior
programs in the Greater Chattanooga
We have created a program that
swimmers of all ages and abilities.
to ensuring proper technique
our program's emphasis on the
of self-esteem, sportsmanship
prepares the swimmer for success
sport and life.
Year-round swimmers at Baylor
Swim Club are encouraged to participate in
which are held about once a month.
for young swimmers are held locally.
are no benchwarmers! Baylor coaches
that every swimmer should get
a chance to
compete and strive for excellence.
And it's fun! Lifelong friendships
through Baylor Swim Club practice
swim meets, and team building
Baylor's flexible practice schedule
swimmers to enjoy and participate
sports, school and family activities.
- Baylor ranks as a Silver Medal or Bronze Medal team in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program for the 8th time in the last 10 years
- Baylor Swim Club Produced four USA National Junior Team Members
- Had five swimmers compete at the FINA World Junior Championships in 2011, two competed in the World University Games in 2013, one to competed in the FINA World Championships in 2013, and three compete at the FINA World Championships in 2015
- Head Coach Dan Flack was named as a Coach of the United States Swimming National Junior team in 2011 and 2013. He was also named Southeastern Swimming LSC Coach of the year in 2007 & 2013.
- Baylor School wins combined state title for the 10th year in a row
- Baylor Swim Club 12th at Junior Nationals – 6th national top 15 finish in the last 7 years
- Baylor Swim Club has five current or former athletes qualify for the 2016 US Olympic Team Trials.
- Baylor Swim Club had ten athletes qualify for the 2012 US Olympic Team Trials.
- Baylor Swim Club has had 42 USA Swimming Scholastic All Americans, 30 different members over the last eight years
- Three National Age Group Relay Records, 2 Individual National Age Group Records
- Four athletes were Junior National Champions covering eight different events.
- Fourty- five Southeastern Swimming Records in the last eight years- 7 individual and three relay Southeastern records set in 2015-16
State of the Art Facilities
The Baylor Swim Club's home pool
is the Baylor
School Natatorium. This multi-million
facility is state of the art,
and one of
the best in aquatic centers in
The indoor pool features 22 short
yard lanes by ten 50 meter long
equipped with two moveable bulkheads.
See More About the Outstanding Baylor Facilities
Other Aquatic Programs
Along with the Competitive team the Baylor
Swim Club also offers other aquatic
which includes Swimming Lessons, a homeschool swimming program, and Adult Masters Swimming.
Click the images below to see
the other aquatic programming
Baylor Partners With Make a Splash Program
Head Coach/ Aquatics Director Dan Flack and Swim School Director Brian Gill are pleased to announce that the Baylor Swim Club has partnered with the USA Swimming Foundations' Make A Splash Program. Beginning in the fall of 2010, the Baylor Swim Club will be providing scholarships to those that cannot afford to pay for swimming lessons as part of the Make A Splash Local Partner program. The Baylor Swim Club is currently just one of three organizations associated with the program in the state of Tennesee.
"The Bayor Swim Club is delighted to partner with the United States Swimming Foundation in this program. Make a Splash is just another opportunity to promote the benefits of the sport of swimming and water safety to a wider group of people in the greater Tennesssee Valley area," said Head Coach Dan Flack.
Click here! for complete information about the program
Directions to BAYLOR
The Baylor Swim Club operates on the campus
of the Baylor School in the state of the art Baylor School Natatorium.
- From I-75 take I-24 West, or from I-59 take
- Take exit 178 (U.S. 27 North) * After crossing
the Tennessee River, take the 5th exit, (U.S.
127, Signal Mountain)
- Proceed under the overpass, moving to the
left turn lane after the second
The entrance to the campus
is located on
the left at the third traffic
across from the Mountain Mart convenience
Meet the Coaching Staff
Baylor Swim Club's nationally recognized,
full-time, professional coaching staff provides
personal attention and consistency in training,
encouraging swimmers of all ages and skill
levels to fully develop their talents and
Director of Competitive Swimming /
Head Coach / Aquatics Director
Baylor Swim Club
- Selected as Assistant Coach by United States Swimming for the US National Junior Team for the 2011 World Junior Swimming Championships. Coach Flack coached 5 different swimmers representing 4 different countries in this prestigious competition.
- Selected as Assistant Coach by United States Swimming for the 2013 US National Junior Team Camp held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs
- Selected Men's Coach of the NCSA All-Star team in competition vs Japan in September 2012. Placed three swimmers on the All-Star team.
- Selected as A Member of the United States Swimming National Team Coaching Staff
- Coached Sam McHugh, Spencer Rowe, Arden Pitman, and Kristen Vredeveld to qualify for the US Swimming National Junior Team which represented the United States in competitions in Vancouver, Canada, Barcelona Spain, and the World Junior Championships in Lima, Peru.
- Kristen Vredeveld broke National Record in 50 yard freestyle for 16 year old girls
- Trey Freeman broke National Record in 200 meter freestyle for 13-14 year old boys
- Coached five different swimmers to qualify for the NCSA National All Star teams that represented the United States at the Irish National Championships in Dublin, Ireland, an All-Star competition in Osaka, Japan, and an All Star competion vs Japan in California.
- Coached 38 individual and 21 relay records for Southeastern Swimming in the last 10 years .
- Coached 10 Olympic Trials Qualifiers
- Coached 3 different Junior National Champions swimmers in 8 different events
- Baylor Swim Club placed 2nd in both boys and girls at the US Swimming Short Course Juniors in 2009
Baylor Swim Club has placed 3rd -2008, 4th – 2009, 7th - 2011, 7th –2012 at the NCSA Junior National Swimming Championships
- Baylor Swim Club is a Silver or Bronze Medal Club of Excellence for 8 of the last 10 years - ranking as the top Silver Medal Club in the country in 2009
- US Swimming Scholastic All Americans,42 different members over the last 10 years
Baylor School- High School Swimming
- Baylor Girls were Swimming World Magazine’s National Champions 2008-2009, 2010-2011, and 2011-2012
- Baylor Boys were Swimming World Magazine” National Independent School Champions for 2007-2008, 2008-2009
- Baylor Girls were ranked # 2 in the country by Swimming World Magazine 2009-2010
- Baylor won the NISCA combined national dual meet championship, and won their national division in both boys and girls 2007-2008, 2008-2009, placing 2nd Nationally 2010-16
- Baylor School won the Tennessee State Championship 2006-2016
- Baylor girls ranked 2nd in the NISCA national dual meet championship rankings while the boys ranked 4th 2009-2010
- Baylor Girls broke the National Record in the 200 free relay 3 times in the last 4 years
- Baylor Girls broke the National Record in the 200 medley relay in 2009
- Baylor Boys broke the National Record in the 200 medley relay in 2014
- Baylor broke 31 girl’s school records and 31 boy’s school records
- Baylor boys & girls broke 12 national records for the 25 meter course
- Extended Girls dual meet record is 68 – 5 while the Baylor Boys record is 73-3
Head Age Group Coach /
Swim School Director
- In 2009 Coach Gill produced a Southeasthern Swimming Champion
- Led the 2011 Baylor Middle School Swim Team to a boys title, and the combined Southeastern Middle School Championship
- Led the 2009 Baylor Middle School Swim Team to another girls title, and the combined Southeasthern Middle School Championship.
- In his first year with Baylor he help expand
the club program and introduced
successful swimming lesson
- As an assistant with the Lower School team
he helped capture the Southeastern
Championship in 2007
- Served as Head Coach of Signal
Mountain Swim Team (2007-2009)
- Came to Baylor Swim Club from the Raleigh
Swimming Association in North
- While working under Baylor Head Coach Dan
Flack, he helped expand the
RSA program from
120 swimmers to 280 swimmers
in four years.
- Achieved American Swimming Coaches Association
- Coach Gill and his wife Leah live in Hixson, TN with their daughter Megan
Director of Operations /
- Coach Laura Pitman grew up swimming in the
- At the University of Tennessee she was an
- In 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 she coached the Southeastern
Middle School Champions
- In 2006 she coached the 11-12 girls Southeastern
Swimming Age Group Champions
- Laura is responsible for the daily operations
of the club.
- Laura is a 2013 inductee to the Chattanooga Sports hall of Fame.
- Coach Pitman lives in Hixson with her husband Wes, dog Lulu and 2 cats.
- Her oldest daughter Sloane, is a former Baylor Swim Club athlete and Lady Vol swimmer. She is a recent graduate of the University of Tennessee and is employed with the Baron Baptiste Institute. Her youngest daughter Arden is also a former Baylor Swim Club athlete and a current member of the University of Tennessee swim team.
Assistant Senior & Varsity Coach / Site Director at the Hamilton YMCA / Junior Group Coach
- Coach Dailey has a Master of Science (M.S.) in Elementary Education from Nova Southeastern University and his swim team and coaching experiences are noted below.
- United States Swimming certified coach
- American Swimming Coaches Association Level 3 Coach
- Head coach and founder of the Ooltewah Swim Club 2012-2013
- Chattanooga Area Swim League, Ooltewah Tidal Waves Head Coach 2011-2013
- Swim Lesson Instructor, group and private (stroke technique clinics)
- Brevard Swimming Association: Assistant Head Coach, 1996-2003
- YMCA Team Orlando: (Cocoa Satellite Team) Assistant Head Coach, [ tel:2003-2005, 2004 ]2003-2005, 2004 Florida Swimming Junior Olympic Champions
- Island Aquatics: Head Coach, 2005-2006
- Brevard County Ocean Rescue Lifeguard: 1991 and 1992, Lifeguard of the year 1992
- Competitive Swimmer: 14 year
- 1989 Florida State Champion: 100 yard Butterfly and 200 yard Individual Medley, 200 yard medley Relay
- Auburn University Swim Team, Full Athletic Scholarship, Swimming